Massive Fire Engulfs Kolkata Restaurant


Kolkata: A major fire broke out at a restaurant in Kolkata’s busy Waterloo Street on Wednesday morning. Five fire engines rushed to the spot and contained the flames. Although no one is injured the restaurant was totally reduced to ashes and properties worth in lakhs have been destroyed, said officials.

The fire sparked panic in the locality. Although the reason of the fire is not yet known a short circuit is believed to be responsible. The fire brigade has launched an investigation and has not ruled out a cylinder explosion yet.