Kolkata: A massive fire broke out in Baramnagar Jute Mills at Alambazar on Saturday. At first the fire was found in the carpet and finishing areas of the mill. Eight engines pressed to the service to douse the flame.
Staffs of the mill suddenly saw fire engulfed at Carpets and finishing sections. However, the flame spread out of to the other parts of the factory.
According to the factories, almost everything in the carpet and finishing department is burnt to ashes in the fire. According to Jute-Mill staffs, short circuit may be the cause of fire.