Kolkata: A massive fire broke out at the Allahabad Bank of the B.B.D. Bag headquarters on Tuesday morning.
The fire broke out on Tuesday. 10 fire tenders were pressed into immediate service. The locals on seeing smoke being emitted from inside, informed the fire tender officials. The fire is under control at present. Its server room is completely damaged.
The fire officials are suspecting the cause of the fire is due to short circuit. The fire broke out at 9 in the morning. The people from the nearby offices have been evacuated. As a result, panic has spread in the area. Several important documents have been completely damaged in the fire. Though, the proper amount of loss to property is yet to be ascertained. No casualties have been reported so far.