Taliban Claimed Responsibility For Massive Blast In Kabul, 35 killed

0
221

Kabul: A suicide attacker detonated a car bomb early Monday in the western part of Kabul city close to the home of Mohammad Mohaqiq, Second Deputy of CEO Abdullah Abdullah killing more than 35 people and wounding nearly 40, and the death toll could rise, an Interior Ministry spokesman in the Afghan capital said.

The suicide car bomber targeted a bus carrying employees of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, reports the Tolo News.

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

According to reports, three vehicles and 15 shops were also damaged in the attack.

Taliban claimed responsibility for the attack.

The blast took place at about 6:45am local time close to Mohaqiq’s house and a private university.Police cordoned off the area, located near the house of the deputy government Chief Executive Mohammad Mohaqiq in a part of the city where many of the mainly Shi’ite Hazara community live, but they said the target of the attack was so far unclear.

Acoording to Afghan media TOLOnews journalist reporting from the scene said security forces have arrived in the area along with ambulances.

The latest suicide bombing adds to the unrelenting violence in Afghanistan, where at least 1,662 civilians were killed in the first half of the year. It came two weeks after the Islamic State group claimed an attack on a mosque in the capital that killed at least four people.

Kabul has accounted for at least 20 percent of all civilian casualties this year, including at least 150 people killed in a massive truck bomb attack at the end of May, according to United Nations figures.

It also coincides with the U.S. administration weighing up its strategic options for Afghanistan, including the possibility of sending more troops to bolster the training and advisory mission already helping Afghan forces.

---
---