Masala French Toast is a delicious and quick to make tea-time snack recipe. The addition of onion, tomatoes and green chillies for the topping the classic French Toast Recipe get a fantastic twist. You can serve the Masala French Toast for the breakfast or tea-time snack along with a glass of smoothie or as an appetizer for the parties.
• 4 Whole Wheat Bread , slices
• 2 Whole Eggs
• 1/4 cup Milk
• 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
• 4 tablespoons Butter
• Salt and Pepper , to taste
Ingredients for the masala topping
• 1 Tomato , finely chopped
• 1 Onion , finely chopped
• 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
• 2 sprig Coriander leaves (Dhania) , finely chopped
Steps To Prepare
1. To prepare the Masala French Toast, first make the topping by chopping the onion, tomato, and green chili. Keep it aside in a bowl.
2. Next cut each slice of bread diagonally into two triangles and keep aside.
3. In a deep and wide bowl whisk the eggs along with salt, red chili powder and black pepper for few minutes or till combined well.
4. Heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Dip one triangle of bread in the egg mixture until its evenly coated. Using a slotted spoon transfer the egg coated bread slice to the preheated skillet. Cook until evenly browned on both the sides, by flipping over alternatively.
5. Once well toasted, transfer the French Toast to a wire rack. Cook the remaining bread slices the similar way.
6. Once all the toast are cooked, arrange them in a serving platter. Place equal amount of onion mixture on each french toast.
7. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and finally sprinkle chaat masala on the top.
8. Serve Masala French Toast warm, along with green chutney and a cup of tea/coffee for the evening snacks or breakfast.