Kulfis and summers go together for us. But a Mango Kulfi can go anytime of the year. So whenever the Indian summers arrive kulfi also starts beckoning. Its just like summers are best to make pickles and papads. In a similar way kulfis are best in the summer, though you can still have them in the Indian winters.
- Milk-2 cups
- Cornflour-1 1/2 tbsp
- Condensed milk-3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder-1/4 tsp
- Mango pulp-From one large mango
- Pistachios ( chopped)-2 tbsp
- Sugar-(according to taste,depending upon how sweet the mango puree is)
- Dissolve cornflour in 1/4 cup milk and keep aside.
- Pour the remaining milk,condensed milk ,and sugar (if using) into a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil,stirring in between.
- Pour the cornflour mixture into this .Stir well until it turns thick.
- Add cardamom powder and chopped pistachios, Switch off the stove. Allow it to cool.
- Add the mango puree and mix well.
- Pour the milk mixture into kulfi molds or Popsicle molds,cover with a foil and freeze for 3 to 4 hours.,remove from freezer and insert Popsicle sticks and freeze until firm.