Man Dissolves In Acidic Pool


Washington: In a bizarre incident, a 23-year- old man accidentally fell into a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming and died, US media reported on Friday. Colin Nathaniel Scott from Oregon essentially dissolved inside a hot spring at Yellowstone National Park in Wyoming after he accidentally fell into it, CNN reported. The incident happened back in June, when Scott went to the park with his sister to find a place to “hot pot.”Man Dissolved

According to a recently released report from park officials, Scott and his sister went to an unauthorised area near the Norris Geyser.

“They were specifically moving in that area for a place that they could potentially get into and soak,” Deputy Chief Ranger Lorant Veress told CNN affiliate KULR. “I think they call it hot potting.”

Scott had reached down to check the temperature of a spring when he slipped and fell into it. Rescuers later found Scott’s body inside the pool, but could not retrieve it because of a lightning storm in the area.

When they came back the next day, no remains were found beneath the spring’s churning, acidic waters. “In a very short order, there was a significant amount of dissolving,” Veress said.

The parks’ geyers and springs are acidic because they are fed by thermal water deep underground that picks up sulfuric acid as it rises to the surface. The sulfuric acid is produced by microorganisms that break down hydrogen sulfide in rocks and soil.

Veress stressed the importance for park visitors to obey all warning signs. “And a place like Yellowstone, which is set aside because of the incredible geothermal resources that are here, all the more so,” Veress added.


Previous articleMedia Houses Halt Publication Of Morningers In Imphal
Next articleManchester United Ambassador Yorke To Visit East Bengal Club