Kolkata: As a result of an hour-and-a-half meeting between West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee and the agitating junior doctors, it was decided that the chief minister will go to see injured doctor Paribaha Mukherjee.
Mamata Banerjee termed the meeting with the striking junior doctors as “positive and productive” while the doctors said they were looking forward to withdraw the ongoing agitation following discussions with their colleagues at the NRS Hospital.
A 31-member team of junior doctors from all the state-run medical colleges in West Bengal held a meeting with Banerjee and senior state government officials at the secretariat Nabanna on Monday afternoon.
Listening to the demands and grievances of the doctors, Banerjee urged senior police officers present at the meeting to take stringent action against attacks on doctors.
She also asked the officers to appoint nodal officers at the hospitals in the state for the doctors’ security.
Other things which were agreed upon in the meeting are given below:
1. Collapsible gate in hospitals.
2. Action according to IPC on the assaulters.
3. Three shift public relation personell to communicate with patient party
4.Nodal police officer in all hospitals.
5. Restriction to number of patient parties permitted in hospitals.
6. Sign board and CCTV cameras.
7. No IPC against NRS doctors in this case.
8. Declaring non availability of doctors in government.
9. Implementation of med service protection act will need time since law has to be framed.
10. Justifying medical neglicence( in case of Abhisekhs eye treatment) and subsequent grief of patient party and its outcome as violence.
11. Enquiry into police inaction also where needed.
12. Appointment of local people as security to be stopped.
13. Student and police Representativea in rogi kalyan comittee in every hospital.
14. Upgrading if dental hostel and ambulance.
15. Lack of infrastructure in outside medical colleges, blaming officials.
16. Problems of public health engineering.
17. Emergency police phone numbers and e-mail id for medical violence.
18. Junior doctor be included in nabanna meeting with senior doctors.
19. Issue statment condemning violence against doctors.
21. Ethics and behavioral class for junior doctors also.
22. Doctors clarify…we do not see surname in treatment.