Kolkata: West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee on Tuesday has announced the names of the 42 candidates from West Bengal for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Trinamool has always been a torchbearer in empowering women. Giving adequate representation to women once again, the party has made women candidates from 17 of the 42 seats in the State. This makes about 40.5 per cent of the candidates, up from 35 per cent MPs last time.
The names of the candidates and their constituencies are as follows:
1. Arpita Ghosh from- Balurghat
2. Mausam Noor from- Maldaha Uttar
3. Mahua Moitra from- Krishnanagar4.
4. Rupali Biswas from- Ranaghat
5. Mamata Thakur from- Bangaon
6. Dr Kakoli Ghosh Dastidar from- Barasat
7. Nusrat Jahan from- Basirhat
8. Pratima Mondal from- Jaynagar
9. Mimi Chakraborty from- Jadavpur
10. Mala Roy from- Kolkata Dakshin
11. Sajda Ahmed from- Uluberia
12. Dr Ratna De Nag from- Hooghly
13. Aparupa Poddar from- Arambag
14. Beerbaha Soren from- Jhargram
15. Mamtaz Sanghamita from- Bardhaman-Durgapur
16. Sreemati Dev Varma (Moon Moon Sen) from- Asansol
17. Satabdi Roy from- Birbhum