- The doctors have said they are satisfied with what was discussed in the meeting.
- Mamata Banerjee said the meeting was successul. The meeting lasted for over one-and-a-half hour.
- If you are ever in problem, drop a letter in Kalighat: Mamata Banerjee to doctors.
- Don’t want to protest, but we are helpless: Junior doctors.
- Mamata asks docs to prepare documents of requirements.
- Politicians poke their nose in our business, junior doctors say.
- Mamata Banerjee directs Kolkata PC Anuj Sharma to deploy nodal police officer in every hospital.
- Don’t think we are not trying, says Mamata Banerjee to junior doctors.
- Will bear expense of injured doctors, says Mamata Banerjee
- In the meeting, junior doctors said that they were ready to answer any query of the patients but were not ready to get beaten up by them.
- Mamata Banerjee said that she has acted against those who were behind the attack and five people have been arrested in the matter. No case has been registered against any doctor, she said.
- Junior doctors said that they want to get back to work as soon as possible. The doctors have come with 12 specific demands to end the strike.
- One of the junior doctors said that they are working under fear and that many times they were attacked. “Unrestricted movement was necessary,” they said.
- Mamata Banerjee said that no case has been registered against any doctor during the strike.
- Mamata Banerjee, in the meeting, said that more security has been given to NRS medical college now.
- All the hospitals will have two layers security at the Emergency section
Kolkata: After seven days of steady stir in Bengal Medical Colleges, a space of face-to-face interaction is taking place between the representatives of striking students and the West Bengal government on Monday.
The new demands of junior doctors to end strike are:
1. Mamata Banerjee’s urgent intervention regarding withdrawal of statement at SSKM hospital on June 13, 2019 followed by detailed press release.
2. Documentary evidence collected by Police against the criminals involved in the incident of violence against health care personnels.
3.Documentary evidence of judicial enquiry against the inactivity of police.
4. Withdrawal of false cases against doctors over West Bengal.
5. Written implementation of security for doctors.
6. Improvement in infrastructure of hospitals.
7. Patient family will need to pay for any destruction by them.
8. Restriction of patient relatives to be implemented.
9. Rapid action team to be formed for any violence in hospitals.
10. Government must compensate an assault of any health care personnel.
11. FIR to be lodged if any kind of physical assault, threats or verbal abuses are made against any health care personnel.
12. Meeting must be held within seven days in all district medical colleges regarding improvement in infrastructure.