New Delhi: The legacy of the late president Dr APJ Abdul Kalam is more relevant than ever today. His words: “Dream, dream, dream” resound, two years after his death. He was an ace scientist and a missile technologist, but perhaps, he was best known as the ‘People’s President’ whose personality and humility were admired as much as his contributions to the country. Several tweets from different people came out on his birth anniversary.
He has been a source of inspiration throughout his life. 2017 marks the 86th birth anniversary of Dr Kalam. Here are some quotes by Dr Kalam that will inspire everyone for life.
• We should not give up and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
• Teaching is a very noble profession that shapes the character, calibre, and future of an individual. If the people remember me as a good teacher, that will be the biggest honour for me.
• Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
• If four things are followed – having a great aim, acquiring knowledge, hard work, and perseverance – then anything can be achieved.
• Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person.
• Poetry comes from the highest happiness or the deepest sorrow.
• Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident.
• You have to dream before your dreams can come true.
• Do we not realize that self-respect comes with self-reliance?
• The economy forced me to become a vegetarian, but I finally start liking it.
• For me, there is no such thing as a negative experience.
• While children are struggling to be unique, the world around them is trying all means to make them look like everybody else.
• Small aim is a crime.
• For me, there are two types of people: the young and the experienced.
• My view is that at a younger age your optimism is more and you have more imagination etc. You have less bias.
Here are the tweets:
Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, the People's President, on his birth anniversary. We miss you so much Kalam ji
— Mamata Banerjee (@MamataOfficial) October 15, 2017
Remembering our former President #APJAbdulKalam ji on his birth anniversary.His vision,thoughts,humility continue to inspire millions
— Suresh Prabhu (@sureshpprabhu) October 15, 2017
President Ram Nath Kovind is likely to participate in the 86th birth anniversary celebrations of the late president, A P J Abdul Kalam, at Rashtrapati Bhavan on Sunday, a statement by the A P J Abdul Kalam International Foundation said on Thursday.
The president will also interact with Kalam’s family members at Rashtrapati Bhavan and receive the Kalam Sandesh Vahini: Vision 2020 bus, which is expected to arrive on the day after travelling through 16 states, spreading the message about Kalam’s vision, it said.
The bus was flagged off by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on July 27 this year.The foundation has been conducting 86 events since October 1 in New Delhi, Chennai and Rameshwaram to commemorate Kalam’s 86th birth anniversary.