Kolkata: West Bengal chief minister Mamata Bannerjee on Friday announced the formation a many new district. Here are the new district to be formed:
- “We have decided to bifurcate Darjeeling district to form Kalimpong district. Mirik will become a new sub-division” said Mamata.
- West Midnapore will be bifurcated and Jhargram will become a new district: WB CM
- We will carve out Sunderbans district from North 24 Parganas. Basirhat will be a new district: WB CM
- Bardhaman will be bifurcated into Bardhaman Rural and Bardhaman Urban districts: WB CM
- Two new sub-divisions will come up at Purulia district: WB CM
- We will take at least 6 months to one year to complete the process of formation of new districts: WB CM