Smoothies are fairly straightforward to make. The key is getting the proportions for the base right and then choosing your favorite ingredients to add to it.
Here’s The Perfect Recipe For The Base Of A Smoothie:
• 1 frozen banana, peeled and sliced
• 2 cups frozen strawberries, raspberries, or cherries
• 1 cup milk
• 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
• 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 2 to 3 tablespoons honey or to taste
Put all the ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve.
Cooks Note: For non-dairy smoothies, substitute 1 cup rice milk for the milk and yogurt. Or, use soy yogurt or milk instead of dairy.