Major Fire At Barrackpore’s Famous Restaurant


Barrackpore: A major fire broke out at a renowned restaurant at Barrackpore in the wee hours of Saturday morning.

The pedestrians, on seeing the fire, informed the restaurant owner and fire tending office. 2 fire tenders were immediately pressed into service and brought the fire under control.

- Advertisement -

The fire from the famous biriyani restaurant had spread to a shoe shop beside it. The shoe shop was damaged too.

The fire officials believe after primary inspection, short circuit to be the reason for the fire. The fire, they presume, had spread from the shop’s AC machine. The locals allege that a huge amount of loss of property was incurred.

However, no reports of injury or casualties have been reported yet.