New Delhi: Five months after Maggi was banned over presence of unsafe level of lead, Nestle on Monday relaunched the instant noodles.
“The rollout has begun today. It has been a challenging period for the Nestle Organisation, and therefore, there is a feeling of satisfaction at bringing back Maggi noodles to the market,” Nestle India said today.
Last month, the Indian unit of the Swiss food giant said that newly manufactured samples of the instant noodles were cleared for consumption by all three laboratories mandated by the Bombay High Court, adding that it would start retail sales of the snack soon.
“Now that the orders of the Bombay High Court have been complied with, we will make our best endeavor to commence the sale of MAGGI Noodles Masala within this month as well as continue engaging with states where permissions are needed or specific directions may be necessary,” Nestle India had said in a statement.
In June, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had banned Maggi noodles saying it was “unsafe and hazardous” for consumption after finding lead levels beyond permissible limits. The company had withdrawn the instant noodle brand from the market.