Spanish omelette is the English name for a traditional dish from Spanish cuisine called tortilla de patatas. It is an omelette made with eggs, potatoes and also with onion, fried in oil and served cold as an appetizer
• 3 small potatoes
• 4 eggs
• 1 onion
1. Peel potatoes.
2. Cut potatoes and onion into small cubes.
3. Hit oil and add salt (to taste) to potatoes and fry them until they are lightly crunchy.
4. About the last 5 mins of cooking add the onion to the potatoes. When tender, transfer potatoes and onion to paper towels to drain.
5. Beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper.
6. Lightly coat frying pan with oil. Add the eggs, potatoes and onions and cook over low heat, flipping omelette once to cook other side.
Add spices, herbs, meats, veggies and cheese to your taste.
This is just the base to a Spanish omelette.