This is a marinated chicken recipe with distinctive flavors of black pepper corns and curry leaves. The dish goes well with Rotis as well as with Rice.
- 1 kg chicken, cleaned and cut into pieces
- 6 gms black pepper corns (kali mirch sabut)
- 2 tsp garlic
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- Salt to taste
- 5 cloves (Laung)
- 1 stem large curry leaves
- 1/2 c tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 tblsp oil
1. Coarsely grind the pepper corns and along with turmeric and salt mix it with the chicken and refrigerate for an hour.
2. Now heat oil in a wok and throw in the cloves first.
3. After that put in the garlic and then the onion.
4. Once the onions are pink in color add the tomatoes.
5. Once the tomatoes start getting a little roasted, add the coriander powder.
6. Saute till oil gets separated from the paste.
7. Now add a cup of water and the curry leaves.
8. Once it starts boiling add the marinated chicken.
9. Cook covered till the chicken is tender and serves hot with Rotis.