Biryani is the most lovable dish among the youth. It is mainly made of Chicken or Mutton but this time the Biryani recipe is of Jackfruit.
Jackfruit is one of the essential food items of the summer season. Now it will enhance the flavor of Biryani.
Here Is The Recipe For You:
• 400 gms long grain rice
• 50 gms baby jackfruit, skinned and cut into about 50 gms pieces with hard inner core removed
• Marination for jackfruit
• 1 tsp ginger paste
• 1 tsp garlic paste
• 1 medium onion
• 8 to 10 green chilly paste
• 1 tsp cumin powder
• ½ tsp garam masala powder
• 1 tsp black pepper crushed
• ½ tsp red chili powder
• ¼ tsp turmeric
• 2 green cardamoms
• 6 cloves
• 3 medium onion, finely sliced
• ¾ cup yoghurt
• ½ tsp saffron, soaked in 1/3 cup warm milk
• 2 tbsp rose water
• 2 tbsp kewra water
• 2 inch sliced ginger
• 1 green chili, slit
• 1 tsp ghee
1. Cook rice till ¾ done and set aside.
2. Add all the ingredients to marinate the jackfruit and keep it for 15 minutes. Heat oil and deep fry the jackfruit lightly. Set aside.
3. Take around 4 tbsps oil from the same oil in which the jackfruit was fried and heat it. Add cardamom, cloves and fry for a few seconds. Now add sliced onions and fry till golden brown. Add yoghurt and stir constantly till it comes to a boil.
4. Add the fried jackfruit, mix and sprinkle a little water. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes till the jackfruit becomes tender.
5. Grease a large & heavy bottomed pan with ghee. Place the jackfruit mixture at the bottom and top up with rice. Sprinkle ginger, green chillies, saffron-milk, rose water and kewra water. Cover tightly with the lid and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.