- Quantum of punishment to be pronounced tomorrow.
- The guilty may face life imprisonment or 20 years jail term
- 6 held guilty named Anshar Ali, Saiful Ali Mollah, Animur Islam, Bhola Nashkar, Amin Ali,Imanul Islam .
- Rafikul Islam and Nur Ali acquitted as police failed to submit adequate evidence.
- After an wait of almost 3 hours the victim’s family is finally allowed to enter the court room.
- The victim’s family is not able to enter the court room, her mother is feeling unwell.
- Ahead of a court verdict on the gang-rape and murder of a college student, protestors have clashed with the police in Kolkata.
- All India DSO protest outside Kolkata court.
Barasat: Six out of the eight accused in the Kamduni gang-rape case have been found guilty by a Kolkata sessions court.
The heinous incident had occurred on June 7, 2013 when the victim, a second-year BA student, was returning home after appearing for an examination at her college. She had got down from a bus at Kamduni, about 50 km from Kolkata, following which she was pulled into a vacant farm by a group of youths, who allegedly gangraped and then brutally murdered her. Her body was discovered the next morning in a corner of the farm.
The incident had led to an outrage in the state amidst concerns over women’s safety. Of all the nine persons who had been accused in the case, one died in custody during the trial, while the other eight are in judicial remand. The accused had been booked under Sections 376(d) (gangrape), 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC.