- Vola Naskar, Aminur Islam, Imamul Islam sentenced to life time jail.
- Amin Ali, Ansar, Saiful sentenced to be hanged.
- 3 Get Death Sentence In Kamduni Gang-Rape Case. Life imprisonment to three others
- Huge police force deployed in kamdhuni.
- Accused Saiful breaks down in tear says want mercy.
- The process begins in court.
- All the Convicted has been brought to court, Justice Sanchita Sarkar to announce Quantum of Punishment soon.
- Quantum of punishment declared to today by 3.30PM.
Kolkata: Justice Sanchita Sarkar had deferred the Quantum of punishment to today by 12 noon. The Quantum of Punishment for the Kamdhuni Rape case had been deferred. Judge Sanchita Sarkar had ordered no entry for lawyers as well as Junior Lawyers The hearing of Kamdhuni Rape case was going on at a Kolkata sessions court.
Six out of the eight accused in the Kamduni gang-rape case have been found guilty by a Kolkata sessions court on Thursday. The names of the guilty are Anshar Ali, Saiful Ali Mollah, Animur Islam, Bhola Nashkar, Amin Ali,Imanul Islam . Rafikul Islam and Nur Ali acquitted as police failed to submit adequate evidence.
The heinous incident had occurred on June 7, 2013 when the victim, a second-year BA student, was returning home after appearing for an examination at her college. She had got down from a bus at Kamduni, about 50 km from Kolkata, following which she was pulled into a vacant farm by a group of youths, who allegedly gangraped and then brutally murdered her. Her body was discovered the next morning in a corner of the farm.
The incident had led to an outrage in the state amidst concerns over women’s safety. Of all the nine persons who had been accused in the case, one died in custody during the trial, while the other eight are in judicial remand. The accused had been booked under Sections 376(d) (gangrape), 302 (murder), 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and 120B (criminal conspiracy) of the IPC.