Bengaluru: The IPL Auction 2018 is underway and there are few big surprises in store.
-Delhi cricketer Pradeep Sangwan taken by Mumbai Indians as they shelled out Rs 1.4 Cr to buy the services of Sangwan.
-Shivam Mavi is sold for 3 Cr to KKR.
-Ankit Sharma has a base price of Rs 20 Lakh, and is sold on the same price to Rajasthan Royals
-Manjot Kalra goes for 20 Lakh to Delhi.
-There is a bid for Sachin Baby. The Kerala batsman had played for RCB last season, but is bagged by SRH for 20 Lakh.
-Rinku Singh sold for 80 Lakh to KKR.
-Aussie spinner Nathan Lyon remains unsold. The spinner had no prior experience of playing in the IPL
– The first player up for the bid is Afghanistan’s 16-year-old Mujeeb Zadran. He is purchased by KXIP for 4 Cr
-Dale Steyn goes unsold in the auction.
-Chennai Super Kings faced a frustrating time in the auction till now as they haven’t been able to purchase the players that they wanted. However finally, they somehow managed to purchase Shardul Thakur for 2.6 Cr and will be happy with their acquisition.
-Delhi Daredevils are also not behind in the bowling department as they have acquired the services of Kiwis pacer Trent Boult. The left arm pacer joins the Delhi ranks for a big sum of 2.2 Cr.
-Jaydev Unadkat is the costliest Indian buy – RR take him for INR 11.50 Crore. The fast bowler had an excellent IPL 2017, picking 24 wickets for RPS.
– Royal Challengers Bangalore shelled out Rs 2.6 Cr and Rs 2.2 Cr respectively for Mohammed Siraj and Nathan Coulter Nile respectively.
– Sandeep Sharma — who has the quality of taking wickets in his first over — witnessed a few teams fighting for his signature. But it is Sunrisers Hyderabad, who are having the last laugh as they purchased for a whopping Rs 3 Cr.
– Mohit Sharma may have thought he was going to turn out for CSK this time as they won the race for his signature at 2.4 Cr. However, KXIP used the RTM card to retain his services.
– Royal Challengers Bangalore thought they got their hands on Dhawal Kulkarni when they won the race for his signature for Rs 75 Lakh. However, Rajasthan Royals were having none of it as they played the RTM card for him.
– IPL journeyman Rishi Dhawan fails to find a team for this edition of the cash-rich league as he goes unsold in the auction. Dhawan last featured for Mumbai Indians in the IPL.
– Ben Cutting lands a good contract for this edition of the IPL as he is sold to Mumbai Indians for 2.2 Cr. Afghan star Mohammad Nabi is sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad for 1 Cr. It was SRH who gave Nabi the first contract in the league and now he is back with them.
– Delhi Daredevils are bidding fiercely for players and they have bought Dan Christian and Jayant Yadav for 1.5 Cr and 50 Lakh respectively. And then Delhi win the race for another player as they sign Gurkeerat Singh Mann for 75 Lakh.
-Washington Sundar is bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for 3.2 Cr.
-Manoj Tiwary is bought by Kings XI Punjab for Rs 1 Cr.
-Mandeep Sigh goes back to the team where he has played most of his IPL game – Royal Challengers Bangalore. RCB spends Rs 1.4 Cr for him.
-Mumbai Indians purchased their former star Saurabh Tiwary. His base price was 50L and he is sold to Mumbai Indians for 80 Lakhs.
-Mumbai Indian purchased West Indian opener Even Lewis for a whopping sum of 3.2 Cr.