iPhone 6 Plus Blows Up In Customer’s Hand At Repair Shop

0
122

Canberra: Australian smartphone repair shop owner Simon Owen claims that an iPhone exploded in a customer’s hand. Simon shared the CCTV footage on social media platform.

The video shows smoke coming out of an iPhone 6 Plus just moments after a customer walks into the store. The owner also shared pictures of the burnt iPhone 6 Plus, claiming the battery failed and exploded. The video also shows the customer pressing his thumbs down on the iPhone, which already has a cracked screen, before it catches fire.

Read More: Next iPhones Could Shut Thousands Of Companies

“A customer came into the store with screen damaged iPhone 6+ for repair. [They] wanted to repair a broken screen and complained of the Apple brand battery not holding charge,” a spokesperson for the store said.
“We removed the customer’s Otterbox [smartphone case] and prepared to book the phone in.

“Then, the customer picked up [the] phone and applied a regular amount of pressure to the screen, the same as any normal person would do every day during regular use.
“The battery failed and exploded. Initial force of the explosion caused the screen to come off the phone.
“Draw your own conclusions, but imagine if this happened five minutes earlier when the guy was driving to the shop…”

The footage clearly shows that the iPhone was already cracked and it’s unclear how it was actually damaged. The serial number of the device is also scratched off and there are no reports of the owner of the of the phone reporting the issue to Apple.

-----
Previous articleYemen Migrant Boat Attack Kills At Least 31
Next articleRadhika Apte Poses Semi-Nude For Photo Shoot