Barasat: No one will be saddled with the question of development. Work has to be completed within time. If not, the punishment is there. Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee has warned the government officials of the district from the administrative meeting of North 24 Parganas on Tuesday. It was a district administration’s public meeting that held in Barasat. The Chief Minister has issued warning on the additional surveillance in border area on the trafficking of cow.
Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee today inaugurated a slew of projects for Uttar 24 Parganas district during a public meeting. She also laid the foundation stones of several projects.
Among the projects inaugurated were bridges 33/11 KV sub-station, Karma Tirtham new roads, apparel hub etc.
Foundation stones were laid for project for strengthening embankments, textile huts, powerloom clusters and other projects. Besides these, Mamata Banerjee distributed the benefits of schemes like Kanyashree, Sabuj Sathi, Swasthya Sathi and Gitanjali, relief for farmers affected by natural disasters, Kisan Credit Cards, etc. Several senior ministers and local leaders were present during the function.
Highlights of the speech:
- We conducted our administrative review meeting for North 24 Parganas district today. Progress of work in various sectors was reviewed.
- Dol Utsav is around the corner. My best wishes to all. Maintain peace and harmony during the festivities. Holi is also celebrated in our State with equal fervour. My advance greetings to all.
- Our government is for the people. Our government provides rice at Rs 2/kg. Healthcare is free in Bengal. We give cycles for free to students.
- Stipend of Kanyashree girls has been increased. University students have also been included in the scheme.
- We are launching ‘Ruposhree’ scheme to provide financial assistance to families, to help them in their daughter’s wedding.
- Girls are our assets. They are the backbone of the society. It is our duty to protect them. We have increased the pension for farmers. We have started a pension scheme for the disabled.
- We have started social security scheme for drivers, construction workers, domestic helps and other workers.
- We have delivered direct government benefits to 90% people in the State.