- Player of the match Yuvraj Singh.
- PAK 164-all out (33.4 Ovs).
- PAK 151/7 (29.5 Ovs) CRR: 5.06 REQ: 12.36.
- Sarfraz c Dhoni b Hardik Pandya 15(16) [4s-2].
- PAK 135/6 (27.5 Ovs) CRR: 4.85 REQ: 11.7
- Imad Wasim c Kedar Jadhav b Hardik Pandya 0(1).
- PAK 121/4 (24.1 Ovs) CRR: 5.01 REQ: 9.98
- Shoaib Malik run out (Jadeja) 15(9) [4s-2 6s-1]
- PAK 91/3 (21.0 Ovs) CRR: 4.33 REQ: 9.9
- Azhar Ali c Hardik Pandya b Jadeja 50(65) [4s-6].
- PAK 61/2 (13.0 Ovs) CRR: 4.69 REQ: 8.14
- Babar Azam c Jadeja b U Yadav 8(12) [4s-1].
- PAK 51/1 (9.3 Ovs) CRR: 5.37 REQ: 7.56
Pakistan need 238 runs (Match reduced to 41 overs due to rain).
- Ahmed Shehzad lbw b Bhuvneshwar 12(22) [4s-1].
- PAK 27/0 (6.0 Ovs) CRR: 4.5 REQ: 7.49
Pakistan need 262 runs (Match reduced to 41 overs per side due to rain).
- Pakistan need 320 Runs to win this match.
- IND 319/3 (48.0 Ovs) CRR: 6.65 Kohli 81*, Hardik 20*
- IND 285/2 (45.5 Ovs) CRR: 6.22 Kohli 67*, Yuvi 53*
- IND 243/2 (43.1 Ovs) CRR: 5.63 Kohli 43*, Yuvi 38*.
- India score 194/2 runs in 37.0 overs CRR: 5.24, Virat 31*
- Shadab Khan to Kohli, out Rohit Run Out, Rohit run out (Babar Azam/Sarfraz) 91(119) [4s-7 6s-2].
- Match reduced to 48 overs per side due to rain.
- IND 173/1 (33.0 Ovs) CRR: 5.24, Rohit 77*, Virat 24*.
- India score 138/1 runs in 25.0 overs CRR: 5.52. Rohit 65*.
- Dhawan c Azhar Ali b Shadab Khan 68(65) [4s-6 6s-1].
- India score 110/0 runs in 20.0 overs CRR: 5.5, Rohit 55*, Dhawan 57*.
- India score 66/0 runs in (15.0 Ovs) CRR: 4.4 Rohit 37*, Dhawan 28*.
- Covers are coming off at Edgbaston.
- Rain stops play. India 46/0 CRR: 4.68 in 9.5 overs (Rohit 25*, Dhawan 20*).
- First boundary of India innings. Short ball from Amir, Rohit judges this well and slaps this towards fine leg. India 21/0 in 6 overs.
- Pakistan have won the toss and have opted to field.
Edgbaston: Defending champions India will be aiming to shut out off-field controversies when they lock horns with arch-rivals Pakistan in their ICC Champions Trophy opener a marquee contest where tension and drama is never in short supply.
One of the finest fast bowlers of current times, Mohammed Amir would be pitted against the talismanic Virat Kohli in what could turn out to be a battle primarily between India’s vaunted batting line-up and against Pakistan’s potent bowling attack.
A line-up that boasts of Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh and Mahendra Singh Dhoni can be intimidating for any bowling attack. But facing Amir and an equally talented Junaid Khan in English conditions, despite Edgbaston showing signs of being a batting-friendly track, will be testing for the Indian batsmen.
India (Playing XI): Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli(c), Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni(w), Kedar Jadhav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Umesh Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah
Pakistan (Playing XI): Azhar Ali, Ahmed Shehzad, Mohammad Hafeez, Babar Azam, Shoaib Malik, Sarfraz Ahmed(w/c), Imad Wasim, Shadab Khan, Mohammad Amir, Wahab Riaz, Hasan Ali