- Operation was a combination of heliborne and ground forces: Sources.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh orders to clear up to 10 km along Punjab Border, additional BSF troops move in.
- Our 2 soldiers died and 9 were injured: Pak Defence Minister Khawaja Asif on surgical strikes by Indian Army.
BJP Welcomes Strikes.
- Piyush Goyal congratulates Indian Army for Surgical Strikes across the LoC.
- Home Minister informs CMs of Punjab, WB, Odisha, CPI-M’s Sitaram Yechury & Cong’s Ghulam Nabi Azad about surgical strikes.
- Special Forces op on terror launch pads lasted frm 1230am-4:30am, location was 500mts-2Km across LOC.
- Indian claim that terrorist launching pad in Pakistan was targeted is lie, news agency ANI quotes Indian Army.
- Which resulted in martyrdom of two Pakistani soldiers.
- Surgical attack: Total 6 terror camps demolished in POK. Special commandos entered 3 kms inside POK for this operation.
Pakistan’s offical says Indian offensive carried out in Bhimber, Hotspring, Kel & Lipa sectors, on Pakistan’s side of LoC.
- PM informed President Pranab Mukherjee, Vice President and former Prime Minister Mahmohan Singh on surgical strikes.
- Pak’s Inter Services Public Relations says Indian offensive carried out in Bhimber, Hotspring, Kel & Lipa sectors, on Pak’s side of LoC.
Update: Surgical strikes on terror camp coordinated by Doval alongwith Army chief,top officials;Major casualties on Pak side.
Jammu: The army has carried out surgical strikes across the Line of Control in Jammu and Kashmir to prevent Pakistani terrorists who had “positioned themselves at launch pads with the aim to carry out strikes in Jammu and Kashmir and other metros,” said a top army commander today.
The army said Pakistan was informed – in keeping with protocol – of the cross-border strike and that the action came after escalating violations of the 2003 ceasefire. The army also said that recently captured terrorists have confessed to their training and arming in Pakistan and Global Positioning Systems recovered from them further established their firm Pakistani connect.
A surgical strike is “a calculated maneuver to ensure you deliver maximum damage which gives a big surprise to your adversary,” explained former air chief Fali Major, praising last night’s operation for its execution.
The strikes the army spoke of today are the first major military action taken by India after terrorists from Pakistan crossed into an army camp in Uri in Kashmir earlier this month. 18 soldiers were killed in that attack. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pledged that the attack will not go unpunished.
Details of the strike were announced after Prime Minister Narendra Modi called an urgent meeting of the country’s top ministers to review security. The Cabinet Committee on Security includes the Defence, Home and Foreign Ministers.
The government has in recent weeks indicated that its campaign against Pakistan will largely be centred around diplomatically isolating it. In line with that strategy, the Prime Minister said he will not travel in November to Pakistan to attend the regional SAARC summit. Three other countries of the 8-member SAARC have joined India’s boycott.