Be a kid or a teenage or an adult or an oldie, chicken lovers trend all over the world at all times. One such dish would be the ‘Hot Garlic Chicken’ which happens to be an all time favourite dinner dish to all. It makes it more desirable as one can serve it with rice as well as with noodles.
Course: Main Course Chicken
Here is the delicious recipe:
• Boneless Chicken Breast cut into ½ inch cubes 400 grams
• Garlic chopped 1 tablespoon
• Cornflour 2 tablespoons
• Salt to taste
• White pepper powder to taste
• Soy sauce 2 teaspoons
• Oil 1 tablespoon + for deep-frying
• Ginger chopped 1/2 tablespoon
• Dried red chillies broken 3-4
• Celery chopped 1 teaspoon
• Kashmiri red chilli paste 2 1/2 tablespoons
• Red chilli sauce 1 1/2 tablespoons
• Spring onion bulbs halved 4
• Green capsicum cut into ½ inch pieces 1 medium
• Spring onion greens finely chopped 2 stalks
• Vinegar 1/2 teaspoon
Read More: Mouth-Watering ‘Polao’ Recipe For You
• 1 egg
• 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon ajinomoto (optional)
• 1 tablespoon cornflour
• 1 tablespoon oil
Place chicken cubes in a bowl, add one tablespoon cornflour, salt, white pepper powder, one teaspoon soy sauce and little water and mix well.
Heat sufficient oil in a kadai. Deep-fry the chicken cubes till golden and drain on absorbent paper.
Heat one tablespoon oil in a non-stick wok, add garlic, ginger, dried red chillies and celery, mix and sauté well.
Add red chilli paste, mix and sauté further. Add red chilli sauce and remaining soy sauce and mix well.
Add half cup of water, mix and cook till the sauce thickens.
Add spring onion bulbs and capsicum and mix well.
Add salt and white pepper powder, mix well and cook for two to three minutes.
Take one tablespoon cornflour in a bowl, add sufficient water and mix well to make a lump free slurry. Add the slurry to the wok, mix well and cook till the mixture thickens.
Add fried chicken, mix well and let it get heated through. Switch off heat.
Add half the spring onion greens and mix well. Add vinegar and mix well.
Serve hot garnished with remaining spring onion greens.