The Indian Navy has invited interested, eligible candidates for 500 Sailor – Artificer Apprentice (AA) vacancies. The last date to apply for the same is December 30.
The online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates.
Earlier, the online registration process was scheduled to begin from December 14. However, the Indian Navy has released a public notice regarding postponing of dates on its official website.
Total posts: 500
Name of the post:
Artificer Apprentice (AA)
Educational qualification required:
For this post, the applicant should be intermediate or class 12 pass with 60 per cent marks in aggregate with Maths and Physics and at least one of these subjects: Chemistry/Biology/Computer Science from a recognised board or university.
The candidates should be born between August 1999 to July 30, 2002 (both dates inclusive).
The selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in computer-based examination, qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in medical examinations.
- The question paper will be computer- based with a total of 100 questions, each carrying 01 mark
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice)
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
Declaration of results: The results of the online examination will be announced tentatively after 30 days.
Penalty for wrong answer: Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper.
PFT and medical exam:
Approximately 1,500 candidates who have scored highest marks in examination will be called for PFT and preliminary recruitment medical examination. Remaining candidates will only receive their online examination marks.
The training for the course will commence in August 2019, with 9 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments.
The initial engagement is subject to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is for a period of 20 years.
During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs. 14,600 per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, the candidates will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (21,700- 69,100).
How to apply
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.inwith your e-mail ID, if not registered already
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form, they are providing their valid and active e-mail ids and mobile numbers
- Log-in with the registered E-mail ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”
- Click on “Apply” button
- Fill up the form completely
- Before clicking the “Submit” button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original and uploaded
- Online applications will be further scrutinised for eligibility and may be rejected at any stage if found not eligible in any respect.
Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs 205 (Rupees Two hundred five only) through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI.
Admit card will be issued for the, examination only to those candidates who have successfully paid the examination fee and who, are entitled to waiver of examination fee.
Last date to apply: December 30