Freedom Of Speech Should Prevail: Modi

0
135

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke  at the commemorate event of National Press Day in New Delhi’s Vigyan Bhawan on Wednesday.

Some of the points enlisted:

  • I have maintained a friendly relationship with journalists since a long time. They only need 10 per cent of the information, the rest 90 percent they can dig up on their own. Then the government becomes used to selective leaking. This needs to change.
  • Freedom of speech and expression should be maintained.
  • During the Emergency, press was silenced. Earlier journalists had to go through a lot of filtering before filing a report.Things normalised after Morarji Desai became PM. But today’s challenges are different.
  • External control of press is not good for society as press is instrumental in upholding free speech.

 

-----
Previous articlePak Army Pounding Pallanwala Areas With 120 mm Mortars
Next articleWBSEDCL’s Pressure Generated Revenue Earning