- Lawyer Goutam Dey has filed a PIL in Calcutta High Court, where he also demanded a CBI probe to zero in on the culprits.
- Pradesh Congress President Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has said that Congress leader Rahul Gandhi may visit the tragedy site tomorrow.
- Central observer team to visit kolkata flyover tragedy site.
- 5-member team of Kolkata Police has reached Hyderabad & has questioned officials of IVRCL infrastructure company.
- 24 people have died so far: SS Guleria (DIG, NDRF).
- One body of woman was recovered from the site.
- Two more body found under debris.
- Lt Gen Praveen Bakshi GOC-in-C Eastern Command visited the incident site at night. He interacted with NDRF, police and civic administration and assured all possible help required.
- Army expresses its condolences to the bereaved families on this tragedy. Army is fully committed in providing all possible resources and assistance till the rescue operations are completed.
- Centre to provide all possible help in rescue operation: Naqvi
- IVRCL, the constructor of the flyover that collapsed, says will cooperate in investigations.
- PM Modi calls WB CM Mamata Banerjee, expresses condolences for the bridge collapse incident, offers all assistance.
- A part of the Vivekananda Road flyover, that was under construction, collapsed on Thursday in Kolkata leaving dozens trapped under the debris.
Kolkata: At least 21 people were killed, over 85 injured and many others trapped as a section of an under- construction flyover on Thursday collapsed on a congested road intersection here, an accident that came as a major embarrassment to ruling TMC bang in the middle of elections.
Unconfirmed sources have put the death toll at 22 after the collapse of the huge girder that crushed people and vehicles which the flyover builder described as an “act of God”, drawing flak.
The West Bengal government ordered a high-level probe into the tragedy that triggered a blame game with the opposition accusing the Mamata Banerjee government of callousness.
Hitting back, Trinamool Congress said the previous Left Front government during whose rule the construction of the flyover began was responsible for the collapse.