Siliguri: Fire broke out at Ashrampara, in Siliguri today. According to reports, the incident took place in the morning beside a nursing home at Ashrampara. The flames were seen coming out from the house of a local resident named Ratan Biswas. The people of the locality has said that the house was at a dilapidated state for a long time.
Three fire engines were reported to be at the spot. The fire was brought under control within an hour by the fire brigade. However, no casualties have been recorded due to the incident.
It is suspected that the fire broke out because of a short circuit in the house.