Kolkata: A fire broke out at a multi-story building of a software firm at sec-V area under Salt Lake on Tuesday morning. People were evacuated and electric connection was disconnected following the incident in the area.
As per the reports, flames gutted the 7th floor of RS Software. Although no one is hurt in the fire, property was damaged. Fire brigade rushed to the spot and doused the flames after fighting the flames for two hours. Bidhannagar MLA Sujit Basu visited the spot after the incident. A faulty AC machine is believed to have caused the fire.