Kolkata: A fire broke out in the police hospital in Bhawanipore on Monday.
The fire broke out on Monday morning. 4 fire tenders were immediately pressed into service. Panic sparked among the patients in the hospital.
As per latest reports, the fire is almost under control. The fire department officials are trying to find out the exact reason for the fire. After primary inspection, the officials are suspecting the reason for the fire as due to shot circuit. No casualties have been reported yet.
In a separate incident in the city, a minor fire broke out at the Jindal tower near Don Bosco School Park Circus. 2 fire tenders have been pressed into service.
In another incident, a fire broke out at a car showroom at Darga Road. The fire broke out at the parking section in its second floor. Several cars got completely damaged due to the incident. As per reports, the fire has been completely brought under control. Fire and service minister Sovan Chatterjee visited the spot of the incident.
Another fire broke out at a restaurant in E.M. Bypass. Several fire tenders have been pressed into service. Efforts are underway to douse the flames.