Kolkata: A massive fire broke out at a plastic factory in Kolkata’s Beliaghata area on Thursday evening. Ten fire engines rushed to the spot and are fighting the flames. The factory located near Sales Tax office has created a huge traffic snarl in the busy area.
Although no one is injured properties worth in lakhs have been reduced to ashes by the flames. The exact reason of the fire is not yet known but a short-circuit is sispected to have caused the flames.
Earlier, a massive fire broke out at the Sales Tax building in Beliaghata area on Thursday. The fire brigade deployed six engines on the spot to douse the flames.
Fire official said, fire broke out at the third floor of the building. Although no obne is injured in the incident, vital documents and property have suffered loss. Fire brigade officials said that although it is still not clear what caused the fire but a short circuit might have been responsible.