Fire Engulfs Hotel SSJ In Lucknow, 5 Dead & Many Injured

0
141

Lucknow: Massive fire broke out at SSJ hotel Lucknow due to short-circuit in air conditioner on Tuesday morning. It took lives of five people including a minor girl and spread to another hotel, Viraat Hotel, in Charbagh in the wee hours. The identity of the deceased could not be ascertained.

More than a dozen people have been injured and are admitted in hospital. A huge ball of smoke billowing out spread panic and commotion in the locality. At least a dozen fire tenders have been pressed to control the flames.

Chief Fire Officer AB Pandey said fire tenders are still trying to douse the flames. He said the fire first broke out in the first floor of SSJ due to short circuit in air conditioner and later spread.

He said over 55 persons were inside both the hotels when the fire broke out around 5am. The panic hit residents so hard that they came out from their homes on the roads.

While some of other residents used their presence of mind and brought out buckets filled with water to douse the flames, others rushed to the terrace and made frantic calls to the fire brigade.

---
---