Murshidabad: Fire broke out at a private nursing home at Murshidabad’s Raghunathgunj on Tuesday afternoon without causing any injury to the patients.
Smoke started emanating from the third floor of the five storey Ashadeep Nursing Home which had 30 maternity patients at the time. All of them were evacuated safely to Jangipur sub division hospital.
Fire brigade was called in to bring the situation under control. The cause of the fire is suspected to be from a short circuit, said a district official. Further investigations are on.