Fire Breaks Out At Howrah Municipal Corporation


Howrah: A fire broke out on Friday at the Howrah Municipal Corporation with no injuries and casualties.

The fire broke out at 12:30 in the afternoon in the first floor in town hall building of the Howrah Municipal Corporation. Thick smoke was first noticed coming out from the Corporation’s record room. This led to severe panic among the employees there.

- Advertisement -

Hearing at the adjacent first class municipal court was ongoing just beside the court room. The fire spread to this room too resulting in the damage of important documents. The smoke caused suffocation and panic-stricken people rushed out of the building.

Howrah Municipal Corporation’s own disaster management team rushed to the spot. They tried to bring the fire under control by using the corporation’s fire extinguishers. But it failed. 2 fire tenders rushed to the spot within 20 minutes and brought the fire under control within half an hour.

Several important documents and electronic equipments such as laptops, printers and many others were destroyed in the fire. As per the corporation, a forensic investigation would be conducted to find the possible reason for the fire breakout. As per latest reports, no casualties or injuries have occurred.