Fire Breaks Out At Godown In Punjab

0
85

Chandigarh: Goods worth lakhs of rupees were gutted on Tuesday when a fire broke out in a building in Workshop Chowk area in Punjab.

However, no casualty was reported.Twenty fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames that had engulfed a godown on the ground floor, Fire Station Officer Rajendra Sharma said, adding the blaze was brought under control after nearly one-and-a-half hours.

- Advertisement -বাংলায় পড়তে হলে ক্লিক করুন Kolkata24x7

He said since the building was used as a goods carrier godown, there were footwear, clothes and plastic products inside.Preliminary report suggests a short circuit caused the blaze, police said.

PTI

---
---