Kolkata: Panic broke out at the Alipore court premises on Thursday evening when a fire erupted at a West Bengal. Four fire tenders were pressed into service that brought the fire under control in one and half hours.
No one was hurt but the lawyers, employees at the government offices and local people visiting the court panicked seeing the fire. The area was however cordoned off by the police as firemen doused the fire.
According to sources, flames were seen leaping out of a outlet as the employees rushed out of the store. Short-circuit may cause of fire, said official.