Kolkata: A fire broke out at the well-known Don Bosco school in Kolkata this afternoon, during lunchtime.
The fire reportedly started on the terrace of the building, which is in the Park Circus area of central Kolkata. It was brought under control in less than an hour.
The school’s principal Bikash Mondal said in a statement that the fire may have started because of a burning butt discarded by construction workers.
In a statement, Mr Mondal said “there is nothing to panic, everything is normal and normal school is on.”
Images showed students being ushered out of the building when firemen were at work.