Fire at Maldah, two houses gutted

0
116

Maldah: A massive fire broke out in Maldah on the tearing of overhead electric wire. The incident occurred in Ramnagar village in Manikchowk area of the district.

Local sources said that the wire tore off due to heavy storm in the area. The fire broke out after the wire fell on the roof of a house. The locals immediately informed the police and the fire brigade who could not reach the spot on time due to the bad condition of the roads.

The locals tried to douse the flames but by the time the fire was brought under control, the two houses were reduced to ashes.

Property worth rupees three lakhs were gutted in the fire including 50,000 cash. No casualties were reported. The houses were empty at that time. It has been known that the owners of both the houses live out of station due to work.