Baruipur: A fire in a high-rise has gutted a shoe factory. The fire took place at 12 in the afternoon. The locals have accused the fire service for coming late. The incident took place at South 24 Parganas’ Maheshtala’s Memanpur incident.
No casualty has been reported in this incident. Three firefighters came from Budgebudge, Behala, Alamnagar. The fire extinguishing work became tough due to narrow lanes. In an joint effort of the locality and the firefighter official, the fire came under control. Mahestala police reached the spot after hours of the incident.
According to the police source, the intensity of the fire was high so the gas cylinder blasted. four to five drums gum which were there for show pesting have also blasted during the incident. This caused crack in the wall. After an effort of two-three hours, the fire came under control. Huge amount of inflammable goods were staged inside the factory which triggered the fire.
Shoe cover and sole were also been prepared in the factory. The firefighting system was not active in the building. Somenath Mondal is the owner of Lokenath Enterprise. Police is checking proper documents of the factory.
Police started investigation on this. After a preliminary investigation, the firefighting officials said that short-circuit is the reason behind the fire that has spread fast in the adjourned parts of the locality.