Kolkata: Fire broke out at the ‘Intellectuals den’ of Kolkata college stree ‘Coffee house’. On Thursday sparkling of fire was noticed in the meter box of the heritage coffee shop of Kolkata.
Reportedly,soon after the fire came into notice the security personnel on duty informed the fire brigade. The fire rescue team reached the spot in a short while and they control the fire from spreading, soon the situation came under control.
The CESC and the police visited the spot.No news of casualties was reported. The fire rescue team predicted that the meter box could have caught fire due to short circuit.Police is investigating the matter.Meanwhile, news of fire in the coffee house spread panic in the area. Before the fire engines arrived at the spot, the staff of the Coffee House tried to extinguish the fire using the fire-extinguisher.There was panic among those who came to the coffee house in the evening. But now the situation is under control.