Ferrari Crash: Forensic Test, Survivor Responding To Treatment, Video Going Viral

- Advertisement -

Howrah: A day after a businessman died and one other was injured in the Ferrari crash in West Bengal’s Howrah, Forensic team is going to the spot to investigate on Monday.

The car will be examined to determine what caused it to malfunction as the vehicle has an anti-lock braking system that allows the car to maintain tractive contact with the road when it is travelling at high speed. Police will likely contact the car’s manufacturers and question them about the matter.

- Advertisement -

The car was travelling at a speed of 150 kmph when it collided into the divider. The impact of the crash was so bad that both air balloons had burst.

Media reports said the survivor Ashna Surana who was said to be in critical condition, is responding to treatment. She was admitted to a private hospital in Kolkata’s Ekbalpur area.

Shibaji roy, the young businessman from south Kolkata lost his life and his friend’s daughter was critically injured after the brand new Ferrari sports car he was driving, turned turtle and fell down from a flyover in Howrah on Sunday morning. Shibaji Roy was a resident of Trinagular Park off Rasbehari Avenue in Gariahat.

Shibaji was the director of M L Roy & Co Sanitations Pvt Ltd. Sibaji, who was passionate for cars, bought the sports car barely two months ago for `3.5 crores. His friends told that they used to take out for long drives on weekends on the outskirts of the city.

He already had around 10 luxurious cars which include Land Rover, Jaguar and Mercedes at home, they said. When they reached Pakuria flyover on National Highway 6 at Salap in Domjur area sometime after 10 am from Dankuni.

This video went viral

Suddenly their car lost control due to overspeeding and the car continued to move ahead hitting the road divider before colliding with a portion of the railing.

The car turned turtle at least six times before falling from the flyover down on the road, eye-wtinesses said. The impact was so high that a concrete wall, a part of the flyover, developed crack.  Gas-cutter was used later for their rescue. Shibaji was declared brought dead at a private hospital in the city.