Fault In Electric Wire Caused Apeejay Fire

0
120

Kolkata: According to the forensic report, the fire at Apeejay House on Monday was the result of problem in the electric wire of the high-rise.

The fire was brought under control due to the efficiency of the employees of the APJ House and with the help of the fire services. There was no injury. The forensic team visited the spot on Tuesday and after inspection said that there is no problem in resuming daily work in the high-rise. But the four rooms which were gutted in the fire cannot be opened now. No complaint has been filed in the Park Street police station yet.

On Monday, smoke was seen emitting from the Kotak security office located in the 5th floor of phase 3 of the high rise. Soon fire was spotted. The employees ran out of the building in fear. No one was trapped. Some staff of the high-rise and fire services brought the fire under control within an hour. Due to the proper presence of fire extinguishing equipments in the high-rise, the fire could not spread.

On January 2 2012, fire broke out at the 6th floor of the Apeejay house while New Year’s party was on. After this, the Apeejay administration installed modern fire safety system. They have assured to repair the wire immediately, which led to the fire.

---
---