Barrackpore: A fire broke out at a residential apartment on BT Road in Baranagar on Monday afternoon after a gas cylinder exploded leaving three people injured.
Police said the incident took place on the fourth floor of Annapurna Avasan at around 1 pm on Monday. The inmates of the flat Jhuma Das, Jaya Ghosh and Khukumani Ghosh suffered injuries in the accident.
They were taken to Baranagar State General Hospital. Locals heard the sound of a blast and rushed to the flat. They rescued the injured persons before the fire spread to the other portion of their flat.
According to local sources, three persons were trapped inside the flat when locals managed to bring them out of the flat risking their lives. Two fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames. They brought the fire under control within one hour.