From packing summer-friendly fabrics, to stocking up light snacks, there are many important things to keep in mind while planning a trip in summer, say experts.
Nivedita Dadu, dermatologist from Skinology Skin and Hair Clinic, and Anubha Singh, gynecologist and IVF expert from Shantah IVF Centre, list down some points.
• Go easy with clothing: If you are planning a vacation during the hot months, go easy with what you wear. Pack more of cottons such as comfy pants, loose tops and a light pair of shoes to combat the heat outside. Don’t forget your sunglasses for eyes protection, always wear hat when stepping out in the morning and sun block your skin at any cost.
• Cary your favourite pillow: along with you to support your back if you are travelling by car, aircraft or bus.
• Avoid street food: Street food is always amazing but in summer, please skip the oily and fried items as it will lead to dehydration and gastroenteritis. Instead, try to munch on cool, watery foods like cucumber and watermelon through the day. These will help you stay hydrated too.
• Take a break often: Do stop for restroom breaks, do light stretching in between so that you will not feel tired.
• Medicines are important: Do not forget to carry some emergency medications like anti-emetics, anti-motility drugs and a few packets of oral rehydration powder. Also you can pack some acidity relief tablets for emergency.
Have a safe and wonderful trip.