Our health is prone to diseases especially during the summer .The season change and as a result, our body too. So we must maintain a healthy diet and make all the necessary changes from the diet that we follow the rest of the year.
It is very important to maintain a healthy diet as that would help you to stay fit and healthy. Staying away from stale food is very important as that would lead to many diseases. Intake of liquids especially water must be increased. Junk foods which we cannot resist must be resisted. It is better to have light healthy food at home than those junk foods from the road. You must consume lots of fruits this season as it will keep you hydrated.
Diet Tips for Summer :
- Fruits –Consume lots of fruits this summer season. It will keep you hydrated throughout the day. Melons are very common among all. Summers coolest, juiciest and healthiest foods are melons. It can be used in salads, smoothies, desserts, milkshakes and even salsa. They are good for the stomach, help in weight loss and helps to prevent health problems such as cancer, high blood pressure, heart disease, common colds and flues. Other fresh fruits include pears, apples, plums, pineapple.
- Light Lunch – It is better to consume light food than heavy or rich food. Olive oil can be used to cook. Try to keep salads in your menu. Avoid taking fried food. Also discard spicy food.
- Increase Intake of Water – Increase your intake of water. Drink as much as water possible because the heat absorbs the water in your body and skin. You may suffer from dehydration if there is the slightest shortage of water in your body. It is advisable to not only drink water when you are thirsty but drink water when you are NOT thirsty. Avoid cold drinks and alcohol where the content of sugar level is quite high. Avoid drinking chilled liquids especially when you are trying to cool down.
- Curd/Yogurt – Yogurt is a must in your daily food plan. It will not only help you to remain cool but will also provide you with calcium and proteins.
- Drinks – You can take plenty of juices made from fruits. Watermelon juices for example. Watermelon consists of 90% water, so definitely it will keep you hydrated. It also helps with digestion. Have a glass of watermelon juice daily. Aam Panna also keeps you cool and helps with digestion, constipation. It is advisable to prepare it at home to maintain the perfect balance of salt and sugar.
- Cocunut Water- An inexpensive coconut is full of healthful benefits and also has amazing qualities. It has simple sugars, electrolytes and essential minerals which helps to keep the body hydrated.
- Lime Water – The simple lime water or nimboo pani is very refreshing. It also has health benefits for you. Add half slice line, equal amounts of salt and sweet to a glass of cold water. Stir and drink. A must when you reach home after spending a good amount of time outside, under the sun.