- Ceremony ends with National Anthem as Mamta banerjee along with her 42 ministers took oath.
- Chandranath Singh,Soumen Mahapatra,Rajeeb Bandhopadhyay,Churamani Mahato, Malay Ghatak take oath
- Narada-tainted faces in Mamata Banerjee’s team take oath at Red Road. Subrata Mukherjee, Firhad Hakim, Sovon Chatterjee and Suvendu Adhikari are all accused of taking bribes in the Narada sting.
- Lalu Prasad Yadav, Farooq Abdullah also present at Mamata Banerjee’s swearin-in ceremony.
- Ministers Abdur Rezzak Molla, Suvendu Adhikari, Sadhan Pandey and Jyotipriya Malkik take oath
- 17 news faces join second government of Mamata Banerjee. Swearing-in ceremony underway.
- Partha Chatterjee, Amit Mitra, Subrata Chatterjeea ,among others take oath.
- Mamata Banerjee takes oath as the CM of west bengal.
- Governor Kesari Nath Tripathi on stage announcing the cabinet.
- Former team India skipper Sourav Ganguly reached Red Road.
- The Prime Minister of Bhutan and Minister of Industries of Bangladesh are also present at the venue.
- Seven minority faces among Mamata’s new ministers.
- Mamata started for Red Road from her Kaligha residence.
- Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and Union minister Babul Supriyo are present at the venue.
- Thousands flocked Red Road for the ceremony.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar and RJD supremo Lalu Prasad Yadav have reached the venue. Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal has also reached Kolkata.
- This is for the first ever CM’s oath taking ceremony at Red Road.
- The seats will be served on the first come first serve basis.
- Ms Banerjee had on Thursday said that everyone can attend the swearing-in ceremony without any restriction and no cards or permission will be needed.
- Sitting arrangements for 19000 people have been made as Mamata termed the event as ‘Maa, Mati, Manush’s’ event.
- Four quick response teams and drones have also been deployed to monitor the event.
- Tight security has been arranged for the swearing-in ceremony and a force of 1000 police personnel under 14 deputy commissioner level officers have been deployed.
Kolkata: After defeating the much vaunted Left-Congress alliance almost single handedly, TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee will take oath as the chief minister of West Bengal at the swearing-in ceremony at Kolkata’s Red Road.
Several political heavyweights like Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav, Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley will also be present at the venue.
After retaining the state with a mammoth mandate, TMC supremo Mamata Banerjee on Thursday announced the list of new comers for her second cabinet.
The new cabinet includes 42 ministers of whom several faces are fresh. The new faces who got minstrel berths are-Subhendu Adhikary. Shovan Deb, Lakshmi Ratan Shukla, Abdur Rezzak Mollah, Shovan Chatterjee, Tapan Das Gupta, Siddiqullah Chowdhury, Indranil Sen, Rabindra Nath Ghosh, Bachchu Hansda, Sanghya Rani Tudu, Churamoni Mahato, Zakir Hussai, Ashima Patra, Golam Rabbani, Montu Ram Pakhira, James Kuzur, Dr, Shashi Panza,
The list also included veterans like Ashish Banerjee, Purnendu Bose, Soumen Mahapatra, Swapan Debnath, Arup Roy, Firhad Hakim, Sadhan Pande, Moloy Ghatak, Chandranath Sinha, Rajib Banerjee, Jyotipriyo Mullick, Binay Barman, Abani Joardar, Bratya Basu, Amit Mitra, Partha Chatterjee, Subrata Mukherjee, Arup Biswas, Giasuddin Mollah,
“42 of us will take oath tomorrow. All districts have been represented except Malda where we do not have any MLA.” said Mamata. Around 19000 chairs will be placed at the venue for the people and will be allotted on first come first serve basis.
Speaking to the media after submitting list of Council of Ministers to the Governor, Trinamool chief said that the swearing-in ceremony will be open to all and anybody can came to Red Road to watch the ceremony.
“This oath ceremony is dedicated to the Ma-Mati-Manush. We pledge to work for their development.” Mamata said.
The oath taking ceremony which will be held tomorrow at Kolkata’s Red Road will be attended by Bihar CM Nitish Kumar, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal, Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav, Lalu Prasad Yadav, the Centre will be represented by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley along with Venkaiya Naidu, Rail Minister Suresh Prabhu and union minister Babul Supriyo, said Ms Mamata Banerjee.
The Prime Minister of Bhutan Tshering Tobgay has already reached Kolkata.
On the other hand 9 minister who lost their berth are- Rabiranjan Chatterjee, Sudarshan Ghosh Dastidar, Becharam Manna, Sukumar Hansda, hayder Ajid Safi, rajpal Singh, Pundorikakya Saha, Jyotirmoy Kar.
Meanwhile, security has been heightened around Red Road for Friday’s event. Around 1000 police personnel under 14 officers of deputy commissioner rank will deployed. Four quick response team along with drones will also monitor the venue.