New Delhi: Minister of state for defence Subhash Bhamre on Friday confirmed that the ministry of defence has ordered a CBI inquiry into the leaking of question papers for the army’s recruitment exam for soldiers, which was detected by the Thane crime branch on Sunday
The minister added that the current recruitment system of the army will go through a massive overhaul once the Court of Inquiry (CoI), which is constituted by the Southern Command after the paper leak, is done. He also said that the written examination of the army’s recruitment will be soon made online.
“The army’s inquiry will find out loopholes in the system. Based on the report, changes will be made,” Bhamre told.
So far, the Thane crime branch has arrested 21 personnel, including a serving Lance Naik, in the paper leak. “Primary investigation revealed that the paper was first leaked from Nagpur. Thereafter, it was circulated on WhatsApp. We suspect the involvement of senior army officers,” a senior Thane police officer told .
The Thane crime branch on Friday formally arrested the three clerks from the army recruitment office in Nagpur, a day after getting their custody. Police produced Ravinder Kumar, Dharamvir Singh and Nigam Kumar Pandey before a special ACB court of judge A N Karmarkar, who then remanded them in police custody till March 10.