Surya Namaskar is hailed as one of the fitness postures which enhances both physical and aesthetic efficacy for a productive day ahead.
It helps to cope up with diseases and cuts down on calories to an extent.
Some utilities of this early morning asana, which benefits not just adults, but kids as well:
- Suryanamaskar, or Sun Salutations, ideally done facing the early morning sun, helps our body to soak in its benefits , sun rays are a rich source of vitamin D and helps to strengthen our bones and also helps to clear our vision.
- This asana, apart from improving one’s posture, also gives a proper workout to the body and so helps in losing unwanted flab.
- Regular practice of this asana can also help you loose the excess belly fat.
- The postures in Suryanamaskar stretches our muscles and makes our body very flexible.
- The moves and postures of the asana help all our internal organs function better — the various poses regulates our blood flow, benefits the digestive system and makes it more efficient.
- It helps combat insomnia as it relaxes the body and calms the mind.
- It helps regulate menstrual cycles and makes childbirth easier.
- This asana is known to facilitate blood circulation and thereby help hair growth and prevent hair problems.
- Helps in blood circulation therefore gives you a glowing skin.
- Helps detoxifying the body as this considered to be a full-body workout. It reduces anxiety and restlessness and enhances our strength and vitality.